#TeamReigate – a snippet of March’s RGS sporting highlights
- Hockey: The International Exhibition Hockey Match was a great success with over 200 supporters, hundreds of burgers and hot dogs disappearing and most importantly our senior students playing with the International stars of today. Special mentions to Sophia C and Matt W who were voted players of the game and to Rob Field for organising a truly memorable night.
- Swimming: On Friday, our Senior swimmers travelled to the Olympic Park to take part in the Independent Schools National Bath Cup in which over 70 schools compete. Our girls team of Ellie H, Eva M, Clara A, Issy H and Millie W placed 8th and in the freestyle and they placed 4th in the Medley Relay and were the top Co-Ed school in the event. Our boys team of Brayden J, Seb H, Elis K, Jude P & Toby S placed 13th in the Medley relay and 9th in the Freestyle final.
- Skiing: Scarlett W WON the British School Ski Championships this weekend in North Wales! Congratulations to you Scarlett.
- Rugby Sevens: A very busy week… The U15s lost in the Surrey Bowl semi-final; The 1st VII battled hard at the extremely challenging Surrey festival, coming 3rd in the group after beating Abingdon; and the U16s showed tremendous development after a tough outing at the Surrey festival before producing some impressive rugby at the Queen Elizabeth Barnet 7s on Sunday, losing out in the pool stages.
- Netball: Congratulations to the 1st VII on winning the U19 Eltham College Netball Cup Tournament and to the 2nd VII on winning the U19 Eltham College Netball Shield Tournament. The U14s played brilliantly in the Surrey County competition but narrowly missed out on the semi-finals. Against Lady Eleanor Hollies, on Saturday, we won seven, drew two and lost two games.
- Basketball: Allie Allum’ Women’s team have won their Semi-final game to go through to the WBBL Trophy finals which are next Sunday at the Emirates Stadium in Glasgow!
What a fantastic week’s round up of sport at RGS!
To stay up to date with the latest fixtures, sports development and news be sure to check out RGS Sport on twitter @RGSSport and Instagram @reigategrammaractive You can also catch live stream’s of RGS sport on the Reigate Grammar School app available to download from the App Store or Google Play.