National Recognition for RGS musicians
No fewer than ten RGS students have been awarded places in prestigious national choirs and orchestras of Great Britain.
The students took part in auditions before Christmas and their success means that they will now have opportunities to perform with their ensembles at internationally recognised venues such as the Royal Albert Hall, the Barbican Centre and Symphony Hall, Birmingham. The instrumentalists will perform on violin, harp, guitar, flute, clarinet and bassoon and all of the musicians play important roles already in orchestras, bands and choirs at school and in the local community.
Gabriele, who joins the National Youth Orchestra in the first violin section, said:
“I’m thrilled to be a part of such an exciting group, working with outstanding conductors and fellow orchestral players.”
Headmaster, Shaun Fenton, expressed his delight, saying:
“The school community is very proud of these musical achievements, and we look forward to following the progress of all the performers throughout the year.”
We are also delighted that two of our expert visiting music staff, Mr Charlesworth, and Mr Whitson, continue to coach on courses for this national group.
- Juliette CW, Violin, National Children’s Orchestra U13/London
- Janith G, Clarinet, National Children’s Orchestra U13
- Olivia M, Bassoon, National Children’s Orchestra Associate
- Zac S, Flute, National Children’s Orchestra U12/London
- Josie W, Oboe, National Children’s Orchestra U12
- Lauren C, Guitar, National Youth Guitar Ensemble
- Kathryn B, Voice, National Children’s Choir
- Zara B, Voice, National Youth Choir
- Gabriele B, Violin, National Youth Orchestra
- Eleanor M, Harp, National Youth Orchestra
- Adrian C, (Staff) Violin, National Children’s Orchestra Coach
- David W, (Staff) Trombone/Tuba, National Children’s Orchestra Coach