Trips & Expeditions
The academic curriculum on offer is supported by a wide range of trips which bring both classroom studies to life and help broaden students’ horizons.
From South Africa to Iceland, France to Dubai, Surrey to Snowdonia, Belize to New York – learning beyond the classroom as we prepare today’s children to be global citizens, is really important.
A love of learning ignited in the classroom is nurtured in an enriched curriculum experience. From history trips to the battlefields of the First World War; classics trips to Greece and biology trips to the tropics, pupils learn, grow and develop lifelong memories.
Sports tours are run regularly both in the U.K. and abroad providing an excellent opportunity for students to develop their skills while experiencing new destinations and cultures.
Some trips run annually, others on a 2 or 3 year cycle, but all students will have the opportunity to join trips during their time at RGS.
A sample of the trips currently available:
- Language department trips to France, Spain and Germany (hopefully adding China in the near future)
- Sports tours for hockey, netball, rugby, cricket, golf and Ultimate Frisbee (mixture of U.K. and overseas destinations)
- Ski trips to France and Switzerland
- Geography trip to Iceland
- History and Politics trip to New York/Washington
- History trip to Ypres
- Biology fieldwork trip
- Combined Economics and Geography trip to Shanghai
- Classics trips to Greece and Rome
- Drama performances at festivals
- CCF training camps
- DofE expeditions (Bronze, Silver and Gold)
- Choir cathedral tours