Entry at 16+
For entry in September 2023
The Sixth Form is an important and exciting stage in every student’s development. It is a time when opportunities for leadership, initiative and participation are plentiful. Such opportunities should be seized upon in order to develop life skills and ultimately to help Reigatians succeed at university and beyond.
Applications for entry into the Sixth Form should be made as soon as possible in the academic year before entry is proposed.
KEY DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- Sixth Form information evening: Wednesday 21 September 2022 – 7:00pm – 9:00pm
- Application deadline: Wednesday 12 October 2022
- Scholarship forms returned by: Tuesday 18 October 2022
- Bursary forms returned by: Wednesday 2 November 2022
- Assessment evening: Tuesday 8 November 2022 (the applicant should attend either the day or the evening)
- Assessment day: Thursday 10 November 2022 (the applicant should attend either the day or the evening)
- Scholarship assessment day: Friday 11 November 2022
- Offers posted: Friday 25 November 2022
- Acceptance forms returned by: Monday 12 December 2022
If you have any queries please contact the Admissions Registrar, Mrs Philippa Watkins, on 01737 222231 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The assessment day comprises an online CAT4 assessment (which cannot be revised/prepared for), a tour of the school, a group interview with the Headmaster or a member of the Senior Leadership Team as well two one-to-one interviews, one with a senior teacher and another with a member of the Sixth Form team.
In advance of any entrance examination or interview, we will always ask each candidate’s current school for a written report. It is therefore important that parents inform their child’s current school that they have lodged an application with us.
Gershon Scholars – Sixth Form bursaries for Science and Mathematics
Reigate Grammar School offers a bursary (fees assistance) scheme that gives significant opportunities to 16 to 18 year olds wishing to pursue a career in science, mathematics or engineering at university and beyond. This programme follows a generous commitment by former Reigate Grammar pupil and Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering Sir Peter Gershon, whose career and dedication to science and mathematics took him from the classrooms of Reigate Grammar School, through Cambridge University and on to the boardrooms of global industry.
Students applying to become a Gershon Scholar could benefit from significant financial assistance with fees in addition to mentoring and networking support. The bursaries are available for new and existing students joining the Sixth Form at Reigate Grammar School. Support will come from the RGS Foundation’s 1675 Bursary Fund which supports families who would not otherwise be able to afford fees at an independent school.